Program requirements: PIANO
Each participant shall prepare a programme following the repertoire requirements below. The selected programme should be stated in the application form.
Pianists - Soloists all programs of all Rounds should perform by MEMORY.
Compositions in different rounds cannot be repeated.
During the First Round, the jury has the right to ask to perform only one or several movements of the Sonata.
The Piano Concerto in the Final will be performed with the Kaunas Symphony Orchestra.
Participants who have logged in to their artistDB account will be able to change their programs and performance order until 15 February 2022
Participants will be required to perform their programs in the order of their own choice finally made in artistDB on 15 February 2022
Jury members could stop unprofessional performance.
The repertoire of Piano Competition
PRESELECTION ROUND VIDEO
: may be submitted, changed or modified until 31 January 2022.
(The applicant must provide a valid YouTube video performance link about 10 - 15 minutes, where he/she/they performs a free program. Editing of the video recordings is prohibited, but different pieces may be recorded at different times and in different locations.)
1) One J. S. Bach French
or English Suite
2) A choice of Piano Sonata
by a XX century
composer listed below:
• S. Prokofiev • R. Shchedrin • P. Hindemith • A. Berg • B. Bartók • K. Szymanowski • I. Stravinsky • D. Shostakovich
3) S. Vainiūnas
. "Pakalnutės žydi" ("The Lilies of the Valley are in Bloom"
) from the cycle "Gimtinės pievos" ("Meadows of Homeland") · Op. 31
1) S. Vainiūnas. Pieces
solo or from the cycles listed below, in any combination. (Duration 5-10 min.)
- "Mažoji vabzdžių siuita" ("Little Insect Suite") · Op. 7
- "Gimtinės pievos" ("Meadows of Homeland") · Op. 31
- "Ballad" · D minor
- "Aštuonios nuotaikos" ("Eight Moods") · Op. 43
- "Rauda" ("Lament")
2) One or more C. Debussy
or M. Ravel
compositions or cycle. (Duration 10-15 min.)
3) One or more compositions of the Composers listed below. (Duration 10-15 min.)
• F. Chopin • R. Schumann • F. Liszt • J. Brahms
- one of the Piano Concertos listed below:
We remind you that the 500 EUR special prize will be awarded for the best performance of S. Vainiūnas' Piano Concerto.
- S. Vainiūnas · Piano Concerto No. 2 · Op. 22
- S. Vainiūnas · Piano Concerto No. 4 · Op. 40
You can also choose from other Piano Concertos:
- W. A. Mozart · Piano Concerto No. 20 · D minor · K. 466
- W. A. Mozart · Piano Concerto No. 23 · A major · K. 488
- >W. A. Mozart · Piano Concerto No. 24 · C minor · K. 491
- L. van Beethoven · Piano Concerto No. 1 · C major · Op. 15
- L. van Beethoven · Piano Concerto No. 2 · B flat major · Op. 19
- >L. van Beethoven · Piano Concerto No. 3 · C minor · Op. 37
For scores of S. Vainiunas' pieces please contact us by e-mail: email@example.com
Program requirements: PIANO